|Laporte Bypass from Google Maps.|
Starting in February, US 287 will be widened for 2 miles from SH 1 in Fort Collins to the Laporte Bypass. The construction will add two lanes and a center turn lane, bike lanes, and sidewalks. Construction is expected to take two years, finishing in fall 2018. Additionally, CDOT will build a roundabout at the Laporte Bypass, though no closures are expected to be required.
Additional construction projects beginning or continuing in the spring include:
- Continuation of College Avenue/US 287 repaving between Mulberry Street and Harmony Road;
- Construction of right-turn lanes at Prospect and Timberline roads;
- Drake Road and Shields Street intersection improvements;
- Construction of the Prospect underpass at Centre Avenue; and the
- Replacement of the West Mulberry Bridge.