Monday, January 9, 2017

Expansion eyed for 'nearly failing' Prospect interchange

Prospect Bridge over I-25             Image Credit: CDOT
The I-25 and Prospect Road interchange could be rebuilt in the next few years as part of the I-25 expansion from SH 14 in Fort Collins to SH 402 in Johnstown. As reported in the Coloradoan, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) is working with regional governments and landowners on a plan to transform the interchange into a gateway to Fort Collins and to the east.

The rebuilt interchange could be similar to the ones at Harmony Road and SH 392, with an expanded overpass over I-25. The cost of the project ranges from $22M to $28.8M depending on the design and whether or not it is incorporated into the I-25 expansion project. Including the prospect interchange into the I-25 expansion project would reduce costs, because the design-build process being used for the expansion allows for greater efficiencies.

For more information on the Prospect interchange project's potential funding and timeline, read the article in the Coloradoan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment containing profanity will not be published.