|College Avenue and Prospect Road Intersection Image Credit: GoogleMaps|
Closures include the following:
- February 13 – Prospect Road closed between College Avenue and Remington Street, including the intersection at Remington
- March 17 – Eastbound portion of the street scheduled to reopen
- April 16 – Westbound portion scheduled to reopen
- March 19 to April 16 – Westbound Prospect Road closed between College Avenue and the BNSF Railway tracks
The intersection reconstruction project includes:
- Dual left-turn lanes from both directions of Prospect Road to College Avenue
- Extended right-turn lanes on the eastbound, westbound and southbound legs of the intersection
- Sidewalk and crossing improvements, including pedestrian refuge islands and landscaped medians
- Upgraded traffic signals and control systems
- Replacing a 15-inch stormwater line with a 36-inch pipe
South Shields Street will also be closed February 25 to March 19 between West Elizabeth Street and West Propsect Road to construct a pedestrian/bicycle underpass. Detour routes include Prospect Road, Taft Hill Road, West Mulberry Street, and South College Avenue.
For more information, read the article in the Coloradoan.