Friday, January 5, 2018

CDOT signs contract to build North I-25 Express Lanes: Johnstown to Fort Collins


North I-25

Express lanes will be coming soon to North I-25. The contract for improvements to North I-25 between Johnstown and Fort Collins has been approved, and work is expected to begin this summer.

The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) awarded the $248 million contract to Kramer/IHC, the preferred contractor for the project since the November bid opening. 

The project will increase capacity on I-25 and provide options to travelers by adding an Express Lane in both directions between SH 402 and SH 14. The project will also replace aging bridges, widen bridges, improve bus service by adding slip ramps from I-25 to Kendall Parkway, create bicycle and pedestrian access under I-25 at Kendall Parkway, and connect the Cache La Poudre River Regional trail under I-25.

Construction is expected to occur from summer 2018 through late 2021. During construction, two lanes will remain open in each direction during the day, with lane closures occurring at night to minimize impact to the traveling public.

For more information, see the CDOT press release, the Coloradoan article, and the Loveland Reporter-Herald article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment containing profanity will not be published.