Wednesday, August 21, 2019

2 significant bridge upgrades will prolong North I-25 Express Lanes construction

US 34 Bridge over I-25. Image Credit: CDOT
The US 34 bridge over I-25 and the Kechter Road bridge over I-25 will receive complete overhauls as part of the I-25 Express Lanes project. The bridge replacements are being added to the project to accommodate the potential future expansion to a fourth lane of I-25 in each direction and to provide permanent improvements. The bridges are expected to be rebuilt 2022-2023.

The Colorado Transportation Commission awarded $310 million to fund the bridges and other improvements to to the Express Lanes project.

The new US 34 bridge will be built next to the existing bridge to minimize impacts to traffic. The new bridge will include an additional permanent thru-lane in each direction and will be built to accommodate a third level to be built later on. The new Kechter Road bridge will include a center turn lane, bike lanes, and sidewalks.

For more information, read the article in the Coloradoan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment containing profanity will not be published.