Friday, September 27, 2019

Construction starts Sunday on the I-25 North: Berthoud to Johnstown Express Lanes Project at CO 56

Project Limits of Construction Work Zone. Image Credit: CDOT
The next phase of improvements along I-25 begins on Sunday, September 29 with the reconstruction of the I-25 bridge over Little Thompson River and elongating the southbound on-ramp from SH 56. The longer on-ramp will allow for a safer merge to the truck climbing lane. Additionally, the I-25 and SH 56 interchange will be completely reconstructed. All three projects are scheduled to be complete in 2021.

The three projects are part of the I-25 North: Berthoud to Johnstown Express Lanes project which will add an Express Lane in each direction of I-25 from SH 56 to SH 402, replace aging bridges, improve safety and efficiency at interchanges, add bus transit infrastructure along I-25, and create new pedestrian and bicycle access across I-25. The entire project is scheduled to be complete in 2023.

Construction will typically occur between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with occasional nighttime lane closures from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction during peak travel times, but lane and shoulder widths will be minimized and the speed limit will be reduced to 65 mph.

Read the CDOT Press Release for more information. You can find the most current travel updates at the project website: http://www.codot.gov/projects/north-i-25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment containing profanity will not be published.